Snickers Pillow Cookies [source]
- ½ tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 24 miniature Snickers candy bars *
- Red and green colored sugar **
1) In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined.
2) Shape 1½ teaspoonfuls of dough around each candy bar. ***
3) Roll in colored sugar.
4) Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
5) Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
6) Remove to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
* = Using half the tube as directed, and a tablespoon of dough per cookie, I only managed to yield 10 cookies, and 9 when I used the rest of the tube.
** = Obviously I used silver and gold sugar, because red tastes gross and it’s not even Christmas yet.
*** = As I mentioned above, except for the very last cookie (center gold), I only used a tablespoon of dough per cookie.